Sovereign Care Services
We are always looking for individuals who are equally passionate about supporting individuals with special needs in achieving their goals and realizing their full potential at home and in their community.
If you have previous experience and/or pursuing a degree related to the field and are looking for an opportunity that fosters a supportive work environment; on going professional development, flexible work hours and an opportunity for advancement, then we would encourage you to send your resume to
Counties: Mercer, Monmouth, Middlesex and Burlington
Respite Care Technician
• Interacting with child in an appropriate manner, engaging in activities that are approved by the primary caregiver.
• Assist child/youth with self care needs as necessary which may include (showering, eating, toileting, dressing)
• Implement positive behavior supports as needed
• Timely submissions of documentation
• Crisis prevention, recognition, and intervention
• Collaboration with external service providers
• Quarterly staff meeting attendance
• Ensure all agency policies implemented and followed
• Complete required trainings
1 year experience supporting child/youth with Intellectual /Developmental Disabilities
High School Diploma
Valid CPR/First Aid Certification or willing to complete
Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
All positions require a valid driver’s license in good standing, pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. All candidates, if hired, will be expected to cooperate with Sovereign Care Services and The Department of Human Services in all inspections and investigations. Sovereign Care Services considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.